- What is Greeniacs.com?The Greeniacs mission is to deliver unbiased, non-judgmental information regarding the environment and ecological issues to anyone and everyone at no cost to them so that they may each be better informed. We hope that this approach will lead to better environmental decisions by the broadest number of people.
Click here to find out more!
- How does Greeniacs.com define green when referring
to the site as an "All-Green Social Network"?Greeniacs.com defines "green" only for itself and in reference to describing the site as an "All-Green Social Network" as: "taking the environment into consideration when making decisions and evaluating choices."
- How do I cancel my account?
Simply log into your profile, click on the "Edit Profile" button in the top right corner of your profile page, and then click on the "Cancel Membership" button.
- How do I become a Greeniac?We’re glad you asked! Simply go to the Registration Page for more details.
GREENIACS EMAIL (HELP QUESTIONS FOR EMAIL)
- How do I change my email login?There is no way to change your email login. When you register with Greeniacs.com, the User ID you provide will forever be your email login, so choose carefully!
- How do I configure my Greeniacs email to work with other email clients?
The Greeniacs.com email client is compatable with POP. Here are the settings required to get your Greeniacs.com email to work with other clients.
POP - mail.greeniacs.com
SMTP - mail.greeniacs.com
Login- your full Greeniacs.com email address (UserID@greeniacs.com)
Password - the password you selected for your account during registration
Please note, the servers do not require you to enable Secure Password Authentication (SPA) or login using an encrypted connection (SSL).
NEWS & COMMUNITY
- What are your news sources for the RSS feeds?
- What are the rules for forums?
Starting a Conversation Thread
- DO search for existing topics before starting new threads
- DO follow netiquette such as avoiding all caps and excessive punctuation
- DO feel free to ask general questions such as, “Has anyone put solar panels on their home in city X?” or “Does anyone know which stores in town X carry ecofriendly house cleaning supplies?”
- DO feel free to initiate a new conversation about a topic that interests you
Posting Replies in a Thread
- DO read recent posts in a thread before posting your comments
- DO add something of substance to forum conversations (avoid “Me, too!” comments)
- DO cite your sources
- DO use proper spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- DON"T post the same thing in multiple forums; pick a forum and go with it
- DO be kind in all your comments to or about others.
- DO know the distinction between differences of opinion and personal offense
- DON"T present your opinions as facts
- DO have fun
- DO be proud to be a Greeniac!
- DO BE DO BE DO!
- Can anybody post in the forums?No. Only registered users who have logged in may post in the forums. You can click here to register and start posting.
- How do I create a new thread in the Forums?To create a new thread, you must be logged in to your Greeniacs.com account. Navigate to the Forums by selecting "News & Community" on the menu and clicking on "GreeniacForums". To create a new thread, select a subtopic and then click on the button.
- How do I reply to a thread in the Forums?You must be logged in to reply to a thread in the forums. To reply to a thread in the forums, first navigate to the forums. In any particular thread, you should see the button. Click on this button to reply to a thread.
- How do I add a term to the glossary?There is no way for any user to add a term to the glossary. However, if you feel there is an important term missing in the glossary, please contact us and let us know about it!
- How do I add a business listing to the Directory?You must be logged in before adding a business listing to the Directory. Navigate to the Directory page by selecting "Reference" and then "GreeniacsDirectory". At this page, you may either select the geographical location where your business operates, or you may select a particular industry. Once you select a location or industry, all you need to do to add your business is click "add a listing". When adding a listing, please provide as much information about your business as possible.
- How do I search the directory?You can browse the directory by geographic location or by business type. You may enter any search term into the search box to return results by keyword. Helpful search terms are business names, zip codes, or services provided.
GREENIAC NATION STORE
- What company manufactures your products?All of our products are currently manufactured by Econscious. Econscious has affiliations with Co-op America, 1% for the Planet, Organic Exchange, and Organic Trade Organization. For more information about Econscious, please visit their site at www.econscious.net.
- How is merchandise priced?
GREEN WEB HOSTING
- What actions is your datacenter taking to be more environmentally friendly?We are proud to be using a sustainable datacenter to host our website. Greeniacs.com is hosted in a datacenter which runs on 100% renewable hydroelectric energy and which hosts websites for other environmental organizations such as Greenpeace. In addition, our datacenter host contributes towards the planting of trees in order to sequester excess atmospheric CO2 and invests in other environmental technology and ideas. Our datacenter host operates in a virtually paperless environment, uses low energy equipment when available, and participates in resource saving equipment recycling operations! Suffice to say, our website host is green!
- How can I become affiliated with Greeniacs.com?If you own a website or a green business and would like to become an affiliate of Greeniacs.com, please use the Contact Us page to get in touch with our staff.
- Are you affiliated with the Green Party?
- Is Greeniacs.com affiliated with any Political organization?
Nope! We’re Greeniacs, and that’s all we need to be!
- What does the Co-op America icon mean?The Co-op America icon in the footer on www.greeniacs.com is the Green Business Seal of Approval and shows that the Greeniac Nation has a true commitment to socially and environmentally responsible business practices. The Greeniac Nation was approved for membership in Co-op America's Green Business Network in February 2008. Co-op America is the leading non-profit educator in the United States on socially and environmentally responsible consumption and investing. For more information about Co-op America and its Green Business Network and screening process please visit www.coopamerica.org.