Written by Greeniac24
|Thursday, 22 July 2010|
Make Your Own Hair Care Products!
This all natural hair shine helps keep hair looking shiny, manages frizz in hot weather AND it is good for the environment!
1.5 ounces liquid shea butter
1 ounce avocado oil
1 ounce hazelnut oil
0.5 ounces virgin coconut oil
10 drops red grapefruit essential oil
10 drops blood orange essential oil
5 drops lime essential oil
2 drops bergamot essential oil
2 drops lemon essential oil
1 drop ylang ylang essential oil
1. Mix the essential oils together first so that they combine well. Use the plastic/glass bottle as a container.
2. If the coconut oil needs to be melted, use a boiler to do so. Then combine the other ingredients with the essential oil mix.
3. Shake gently and then apply to damp hair. Brush hair.
This fresh smelling, natural shampoo not only adds shine, but rosemary can also be used as a hair growth stimulant!
1/4 cup fresh rosemary
1 cup distilled water
1/2 cup unscented liquid shampoo
2-4 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Boil water.
2. Add the rosemary.
3. Reduce the heat so that the herb is simmering. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Strain the herb from water.
5. Add this water to the liquid shampoo and then stir.
6. Add the essential oil.
7. Use as normal shampoo.
Bulgarian Rose Hair Mousse
This mousse is good for people with dry/brittle hair. It may be too greasy for those with thin or straight hair, though. It certainly leaves your hair shiny!
2 tablespoons coconut oil (virgin coconut oil)
1 tablespoon jojoba oil
1/16 teaspoon rose concrete
1. All ingredients should be room temperature. The coconut oil should have liquid consistency. Mix the coconut oil in a bowl and stir it.
2. Add the jojoba oil and stir well.
3. Add the concrete last. You can choose from Bulgarian, Moroccan or Turkish.
4. Stir everything together to form a rich, thick, oily mixture.
5. To apply, cover a dry hair strand with mousse and cover with a plastic bag or hairnet. Also sit under a dryer for 30 minutes.
6. Shampoo and rinse as usual.
A great conditioner for dry hair. Additionally, the oil from avocado is an especially good conditioner for dark hair.
1 very ripe avocado
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1. Use the food processor to combine avocado and yogurt until smooth.
2. Apply to damp hair and comb through. Massaging your scalp also helps.
3. To remove, use your hands and squeeze into a plastic bag.
4. Shampoo and rise as usual.
These recipes should help you make your own eco-friendly and hair-friendly products at home! This could be a great weekend activity to share with your kids, or just fun on your own. A simple Google search will provide you with many options to order these ingredients online if you cant find them locally. Have fun and enjoy!
Only registered users can write comments.
|Last Updated ( Monday, 25 April 2011 )|